Version 2.01 (2016)
Dealogic Limited and the Dealogic Group companies (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your (“you” or “your” refers to the person using this site) privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Privacy Directive 95/46/EC and the Data Privacy Act 1998 (Act) the data controller in the UK is Dealogic Limited, Reg number 1777183, with registered offices at One New Change, London, EC4M 9AF, United Kingdom.
Use of Information:
We will collect information about individuals where it is specifically and knowingly provided by you to us. Examples of such information are:
- Your Name
- Your email address
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.dealogic.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence for reference purposes.
- We may request surveys to be completed for research purposes, although you are not obligated to respond.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of requests or purchases
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We will use your information in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations under contracts expressly entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service or products.
We will only contact you by electronic means, for example e-mail, with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you provide your telephone number you agree that we may contact you by phone.
If you are a new customer and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Cookies and IP addresses
|Cookie name||Cookie use||Cookie duration||Host|
|EUCookieCompliance||Metrics: Holds the value that the cookie popup has been closed by the user||1 year||www.dealogic.com|
|NSC||Metrics: NetScaler load balancer, to ensure session remains on the same server||Session||www.dealogic.com|
|__utma||Metrics: Google Analytics – how visitors use the site||2 years||www.dealogic.com|
|__utmb||Metrics: Google Analytics – how visitors use the site||30 mins||www.dealogic.com|
|__utmc||Metrics: Google Analytics – how visitors use the site||Session||www.dealogic.com|
|__utmt||Metrics: Google Analytics – how visitors use the site||30 mins||www.dealogic.com|
|__utmz||Metrics: Google Analytics – how visitors use the site||6 months||www.dealogic.com|
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to provide you with a smooth use of our website when browsing and also allows us to improve our website. The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that it is a user friendly interface when browsing.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. Furthermore, this enables us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our site.
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. These are used for system administration and we are able to generate reports for information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data and cross border transfer of data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password related to this site with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once you provide your information to us on the website, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If any Dealogic Group affiliate including but not limited to Dealogic Limited or substantially all of any of the Group companies’ assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If you do not want us to use your data or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £15 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.